The helping hands of Clallam and Jefferson Counties.
Early Intervention Impact
Children Ages Birth-to-Three Served in 2022
Program Referrals in 2022
Years of Service
Our Early Intervention program supports children ages birth to three with healthy development. If your child has a developmental delay or disability, support through an early intervention program may help him/her progress.
Our Early Intervention program has been supporting children ages birth-to-three with healthy development. If your child has a developmental delay or a disability, support through an early intervention program may help him/her progress.
The first three years of life are an important time for learning. Each child will have their own rate of development. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s development, there are resources in our community that can help. A free developmental screening can be arranged to determine whether your child has a delay in one or more areas.
- Audiology services (hearing).
- Occupational and physical therapies.
- Vision services.
- Nutrition services.
- Psychological services.
- Social work services.
- Health services can be necessary for the child to benefit from early intervention.
- Speech and language therapies.
- Nursing services.
- Medical services (for diagnostic and evaluation purposes).
- Assistive technology devices.
- Family training, home visits, and counseling.
- Transportation to services.
If your child is birth to three years of age and has a developmental delay or a disability, your family may be eligible for early intervention services.
There are Family Resource Coordinators in each area of the Counties we serve that can help you understand and get the services that your child needs. Coordinators can arrange developmental screenings and evaluations for your child and will work with your family to find the resources you need.
What Areas Do We Serve?...
We work hard to bring services to as many areas as we can in the Counties we serve, including:
- Forks, LaPush, Queets, Neah Bay, Clallam Bay, Sekiu, Beaver, and Hoh River.
- Port Angeles, Joyce, and Sequim.
- Port Townsend, Port Hadlock, Port Ludlow, Discovery Bay, Brinnon, and Chimacum.
For more information about our Early Intervention Services or to set up a screening for your child, please contact Janie Nelson or one of our Family Resource Coordinators…
Click here to call Janie
@ (360) 379-1315
Click here to email Janie
Click here to call our Toll-Free number
@ (888) 493-8198
Reach us by fax
@ (360) 379-9603